Monday, February 25, 2008

I’m a Rock Legend!

Yesterday after church Ronnie called to say he was already on his way home from work. He was coming home 2 hours early because he bought a new toy, Guitar Hero. He said he has been playing it at work and we really needed it. So our Sunday evening was spent playing Guitar Hero. I was really horrible at it the first 3 times I played and was thinking how I really didn’t like this game. Then I finally got through one song without getting booed off the stage and I was hooked. So hooked in fact that there was a knock at the door and I couldn’t take my eyes off the game to glace over to see who it was, I figured it was my parents coming over to join the guitar madness. It wasn’t my parents; it was our home teachers…lol. Of course they had to wait for me to get booed off the stage before we visited.

Ronnie almost beat the game before we went to bed that night. He really has been practicing at work. Or maybe his roommate he had when we were dating taught him a few things on the guitar; one never really knows where Ronnie picks up his odd talents.

I went to a weekly playgroup at a friend’s house and was telling the story about the home teachers having to wait for me to finish playing before we could visit, when one of the lady’s there said how she really didn’t like the music on that game. She wished that had an 80’s version. I told them well they had a Weezer song on there which excited Kyle and me, but no one seemed to know who I was talking about. I almost broke out singing Buddy Holly but stopped myself from embarrassment. And then I was thinking, there were 4 or 5 other women there my age, how do they not know Weezer. Maybe this is why I always stick out like a sore thumb at church. I guess I should be listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir while I’m driving kids to and fro. I had a realization, I might be the only mother that is proud that when her son was 3 he could recite the song Shake your Rump by the Beastie Boys. He could also say the alphabet and sing Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam, but Shake your Rump trumps all those hands down. Anyway later today I beat Guitar Hero on the easy level; I am now a rock legend. I rock!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on witcha ad self Baby Girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Opps my B's are working!! BAD SELF