Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just Call me Buddha

A few weeks ago I joined a gym that a couple friends go to. This gym offers all kinds of classes that I am too chicken to go to by myself. So this morning after dropping Lana off at school some friends and I met and went to our first yoga class. The only experience I have had with yoga is from Wii Fit which is totally misleading. Wii Fit shows you the poses and tells you how steady you are but what it doesn't tell you is that the hardest part is going from one pose to another. The yoga teacher called this a sequence. The teacher also kept saying something about being graceful which I am totally not. I guess now I know why...it takes a lot of muscles I don't have to be graceful.

I learned that yoga isn't just stretching and breathing. And I certainly never thought that I would work up a sweat doing yoga. It was really a fun experience and very relaxing. I wished I could have came home and took a nap afterward, but I had to go pick Lana up from school.

Next week I'm going to try the aquatic aerobic class...maybe. I've first got to find a swimsuit, which will most definitely be on sale if there are any left. It just dawned on me, I will actually have time to go swimsuit shopping without a kid in the dressing room with me! Oh how my world is changing.

One question for anyone that does yoga, maybe it's just me, but my hands kept sliding on the mat when I was trying to do downward facing dog...what's up with that???

3 comments:

Eliza said...

My neck and soulders are still sore! Fun? Still debating...

Anonymous said...

sweating

Anonymous said...

Nice site! It looks like a very nice family except your husband. haha!