Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Kyle Turned 11

A month ago Kyle turned 11 years old. Wow, I have an 11 year old son, that must make me...yeah, OLD. I didn't go all out this year with Kyle's birthday and I think he was ok with that. We just had a small little family get together. Kyle got to pick where we went for lunch. Get this, he picked Carrabba's. No McDonald's or Chuck E Cheese's anymore, he's growing up. Here are a few videos of his big day.


Here is a video of Lacey making a pizza with Lana. The restaurant gives the kids small pieces of pizza dough to flatten out and then they can top them and bake a little pizza while they are waiting on their order.



Here is the birthday boy. He really does have better manners, I swear.

Kyle and his Papa enjoying his birthday dessert. And yes we went right home and had cake and ice cream too. Overkill??



The birthday song, yes we know, keep our day jobs.


I thought I would list a few things about Kyle right now.

He no longer likes salad

He can sing the Burning Ring of Fire from memory

He knows how to work the DVDR better than his mom

He thinks he is too old for the kids menu

He "secretly" stays up at night reading

He is tall enough to go on roller coasters

I am so glad that he is my son. Everyday he says something that makes me look at things differently. I think I have learned just as much from him as he has from me. I can't wait to see what else he has in store for us as the years go by.