Friday, April 25, 2008

7 Facts About Me

I was "tagged" by my friend Elizabeth. I feel sorry for you people that are going to read about my oddities.

Here are the rules: 1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog 2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. 3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. 4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. My favorite breakfast food is cheesecake. Leftover brownie sundae cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory is the best! Shh, I would never let my kids eat this for breakfast. Regular cake...maybe, but they would have to drink milk with it.




DSCF0085 2. I met my husband from the Internet. True story, no lie. I was working full time and going to school full time and trying my hardest at being a single mom. I didn’t have much time at all for socialization. I walked into my computer class and saw an old high school friend. We were trying to catch up with each other but the teacher that was trying to teach gave us “the look”. We both knew computers and could pass the class with our eyes closed but it was a required course. So we did what any computer geek would do, we made a chat room where we could “chat” without disrupting the blue hairs from learning how to email their grandkids. Soon enough we invited more of our friends to chat with us during our super boring computer class, then they invited their friends and so on. Ronnie was one of those friends of a friend. I noticed that he had an uncanny knowledge of trivia and seemed to be one of the few guys that weren’t on the internet looking for a girlfriend. I didn’t have much time for get togethers with old friends but I did fit in an hour after work every so often. It just so happened Ronnie was there one day. We became really good friends; I might even have called him my BFF back then. I loved his honesty. We were really good friends for 8 months. Then I leaned over and kissed him on New Year’s Eve. What a way to start off the year 2000! In May I was planning a wedding and we were married July 31st, 2000.

farrmgirl 3. I am the pickiest eater alive. I don’t like steak. I will not eat seafood, not even tuna fish. I will not eat lunch meat. I don’t eat eggs. I don’t drink milk. I think it comes from growing up on a farm and having fresh vegetables. Raising our own cows, chickens, and pigs to eat. Milking our dairy cow whose name was Dairy Queen. Having our own beehive. It was just nice to know where our food came from and also my parents were secretly hippies and everything was organic. As a child I ate everything, now I’m almost afraid to eat with all the recalls these days.

4. I went backstage and to a band’s hotel room. I am a big fan of the Violent Femmes. I came home from college for my brother’s wedding and one of my high school friends had gotten me a concert ticket to the Femmes while I was back in town. We went and of course made our way to the front. We hung around after the concert talking and catching up and hoping to get an autograph. The bands manager invited us backstage. We played it cool and tried not to act like giddy little school girls. They were actually nice guys and not like the normal rock star people. They were in their 40s and we were not 20s yet but somehow we had interesting conversations. Then the band said they were going to their hotel to pack and we could meet them there if we wanted to. It wasn’t like that! I know what you were thinking! We had said how hungry we were and they said they were having some food brought to the hotel and invited us there for something to eat. Two out of the three guys were married with kids, it wasn’t what you thought!

5. I don’t mind the smell of skunks. I’m not saying I want some perfume with essence of skunk but I don’t hate the smell either. I also don’t mind the smell of gasoline. Yes, my nose works just fine.





6. I hate calling people on the phone. I actually dislike talking to people through machines in general. For instance drive thru windows, the drive up teller at banks and pharmacies and I don’t even like leaving messages on answering machines. I think I was in college before I ever ordered food in a drive thru window. I cringe each time I get a new list for visiting teaching because I might have someone new on it. I don’t really mind talking to people that know me over the phone. I think it’s because they know me, they know my personality, it doesn’t always come across over the phone.


7. I love finding a bargain. The latest bargain I came across were Gold Label Roundtree & Yorke shirts that are regularly $55.00-$80.00 for $5.00-$8.00 at Dillard’s. My proudest moment however, was when Ronnie called me while he was out of town and to tell me he found the same deal on the shirts. I love it when someone else can get excited about finding a bargain. Needless to say Ronnie is styling for a fraction of the cost.

Elizabeth, I'm sure it's more than you ever wanted to know. I can't "tag" anyone because you "tagged" all the people with blogs that I know. For all you non bloggers out there, if anyone out there that wants to email me your 7 facts then please do.

1 comment:

Eliza said...

Great pictures, and great facts. It was great learning more about you. Russell read it too, and he learned a lot that he didn't know.