Tuesday, September 4, 2007

No More Tears

Today I had a glimpse of what life will be like when both kidos are in school all day and it was so sweet. Ronnie went into work at noon today so he came along for the school drop off run. First we dropped Kyle off at 8:25 I was trying to time it as close as I could to 8:30 (the start of his school) because Lana's preschool doesn't start until 9:00 and it is only 15 minutes away. I didn't want to sit outside Lana's preschool for 15 minutes listening to her say "why do I have to go to preschool" and "I want to stay with you", all the things I got to hear when she went to summer school. So it actually took a little less than 15 minutes to get from Kyle's school to Lana's so we drove around for a while then took her there. When we pulled up she said that her old friends weren't going to be there and then I asked her how she knew that and she said she didn't see their cars. I don't know if it was just a coincidence or what but she was right, there were all new faces at preschool. We had a deal that if she would go to preschool without crying she would get a reward from my reward box, and I think it worked, there was no crying. Ronnie was amazed because the last time he dropped her off for summer school I was at Young Women's camp and she had a fit. I think he described it as a blood curdling scream. I still paused for a moment before driving off expecting to see her running after us, but she didn't. We stopped and filled up the car with gas and didn't have to give a blow by blow account of what we were doing. Then we went shopping and I actually had enough time to read the labels. Then I dropped Ronnie off at home so he could get ready for work and I went to the gym and had time to work out before picking her up. When I picked her up she told me "I didn't cry mom, I think the cryings ran away". She said she had fun and started talking about the next time she goes back. What a great first day of preschool. I kind of feel like a taxi, but it's worth it for 6 kid free hours a week.

No comments: